Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lush!!!

First I'd like to thank my friend Kassandra over at Pretty Addictions for two things: 1.) introducing me to Lush, needless to say I'm in love with everything I've tried thus far. 2.) letting me in on their Head Case specials and convincing me to buy one!!!
Yesterday I had texted me roommate probably 10 times between 3 pm and 8 pm asking if my UPS package had arrived. Finally around 8 pm she responded with the good news that it had in fact arrived!!! YES!!! 
When I opened the box I swear I felt like a little kid at Christmas. It was so exciting to me! 
Let's see what I picked up, shall we? 
I got the small container of the Mask of Magnaminty to try this out. I decided to try more of their skincare since I love the Angels on Bareskin so much.  The website states that the Mask of Magnaminty:  
Makes dirt a distant memory.
China clay and bentonite gel will pull the dirt from your pores, ground aduki beans and evening primrose seeds exfoliate surface skin cells, and peppermint oil will make you feel so fresh and minty that you'll forget you were ever grubby.

The 4.4oz container of this mask retails for 10.95. Which is a very very reasonable price for a mask. It doesn't smell as minty as I had expected, but you do get a little hint of mint when you take a big ole whiff of this stuff!

I also purchased the head case set in Protect & Nourish.  Most of the products in this set are geared towards those with unruly and curly hair, needless to say the set just spoke to me! 
Inside the Head Case box are 4 products that are geared to Protect and Nourish your tresses. 
The first item in the box is a Jasmin and Henna Fluff- Ease Hair Treatment.  This product was sent in a sample size of I believe 3.5 oz. This product is sold on the website for $21.95 for 7.8 oz. 
According to the website: 
If your hair is a little fluffy, frizzy, dry or out-of-control, this is the one for you. It's packed with copious amounts of moisturizing and nutrient-filled oils including organic jojoba, almond, brazil nut and extra virgin coconut oil. It works brilliantly on curly hair as well, as all the oils help define the curls and add loads of shine. The jasmine fragrance will stick with you for days after using it, so you'll have irresistibly soft, shiny and sexy smelling locks.

The second product R&B (Revive and Balance) Hair moisturizer was a 1.75 oz sample of the product. You can purchase a 3.5 oz container of the product for $20.95.
R&B Hair Moisturizer:
Smooth rhythms.
Enjoy some smooth R&B stylings. The tropical butters and candelilla wax will help to moisturize and control frizzy, flyaway hair, but this works to soothe dry scalps, too, with calming oat milk. And once you smell the orange blossom, your hair will truly get its groove back.
 In addition to the two treatments the set also included a 1.8 oz container of Curly Wurly Shampoo.  A 7.8 oz container of this retails for $23.95. 
Curly Wurly makes thick, unruly curls behave. It's packed full of nutritious creamed coconut and coconut oil, moisturizing vanilla, softening eggs and avocado butter to give moisture back to hair and eliminate frizz.


The last item in the set was a full size sample of Jungle Hair Conditioner. This is a solid conditioner (which is a concept that I am completely new to) that retails for $7.95. 
Jungle feels different on your hair from liquid conditioner; until you wash it off, you hardly notice it's there. It smoothes and detangles, leaving a fruitily scented coat of shininess. Smooth it along the length of your hair from root to tip, then rinse out.

I won't bore you with all of the math for this Head Case set, instead I'll just say at 24.95 for the set this was a GREAT buy! You get to sample 3 products and get a FULL SIZE of a 4th product.  It's a hell of a deal! I can't wait to start trying this stuff out. 
Included with the order came some samples. 




A sample of two of their signature handmade soaps. I personally am a big fan of their soaps.  I was excited to get a sample of something I hadn't tried yet (Porridge), since I'm pretty well stocked up on Karma and Sexy Peel.  
I initially had a whole bunch of stuff in my cart, and then Kassandra reminded me that they will be having their box sale after Christmas which is a perfect time to stock up on things since they are cheap. Needless to say I put quite a few items back. If you are interested take a peek and see what Kassandra got here!
Have you ladies ever tried any of these products? Have you ever tried Lush before? What do you think?


1 comment:

  1. I am super excited to hear what you think of R&B and if you think I need it! I also can't wait to hear what you think of Jungle since I had kind of mixed reviews about it. I love the fact that your loving Lush!

    ReplyDelete