Friday, June 24, 2011

This is the way we pack for the beach, pack for the beach!

I am leaving early early tomorrow morning for a 5 1/2 day vacation to Myrtle Beach with some of my friends from high school!! I am so excited, we have been planning this trip since NOVEMBER so I can hardly wait for tomorrow.  My friend, Becky, has had a stomach ache all week from excitement haha.  My friend, Chris, texted me at 2 am this morning to tell me, "You would be so f&#*ing proud of me for how small my suitcase is!!!"

In light of the events of this week I am ready to get out of here.  We have had a series of bad weather go through Knoxville over the last week and do a lot of damage.  We were without power on Tuesday evening for several hours, and last night a tornado touched down in our part of town and caused us to lose power again at 1:15 this morning and it has yet to return.  LAME.  We also had to get a friend (Allyn, your husband is a lifesaver) to give us a  ride to work (after I took a shower by candlelight and wasn't able to apply any makeup :( ) because our entrance/exit to our complex is blocked and to boot our friends Pippin and Stacey who live three apartments over currently have a huge tree on top of their cars. So yeah that's my story... bad weather, little to no sleep, and no power.  I'm ready for the beach!

This is my cosmetics and toiletry roll up. It's holding everything I need except my curling iron and straightener (and of course blow dryer, but I'm not the one bringing that item).  I purchased this from Mary Kay.  I believe it retails for $30.  It is soooo worth it.  This is a pretty recent purchase and to be honest I am upset with myself for not buying this sooner.

In compartment one:
Shampoo
Conditioner
Travel Size Mary Kay eye makeup remover
Mary Kay 3-in-1 cleanser
Mary Kay Moisturizer
Lotion
Razor
Shaving Cream
Cotton rounds
Extra contacts

In compartment 2:
Beyond the Zone Noodle Head
Victoria's Secret Very Sexy perfume
Contact Solution
Contact Case
Deodorant
toothpaste
(toothbrush will go here)
brush

Makeup compartments (ie. 3 and 4):
Pretty Addictions Shadows (bloom, hero, 24kt gold, wicked, uplifting, locked & loaded, peach punch, darkness, bubbly, and a few samples)
Natural Eye Palette (thank you Kassandra)
Mascara
Eyelid Primer
ELF eyeliner (bright green)
NYX Jumbo eye pencil in Milk
NYX extreme liquid eyeliner
Mary Kay eyeliner in Navy
Essence brow gel


NYX cream blush in Natural
NYX cream blush in Boho Chic
Hard Candy in Living Doll
ELF bronzer quad
Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent Pearl
ELF mineral lipstick in coral
ELF lipstick in Gypsy
ELF lipstick in Seduction
ELF lipgloss


My brush selection from Mary Kay, ELF, and POSH





Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation
Mary Kay concealer
Physicians Formula Organic Wear Tinted Moisturizer


all rolled up and I left the hanger out so you could see that you can hang this item up on a door. 
Side view!!! It's so compact and has a handle which packs it super travel friendly. And because it so small I may be able to fit my Coastal Scents 88 Shimmer Palette in to my bag as well!!! YES!

What are your traveling must haves???? How do you pack to travel?  Do you have any fun summer plans?



No comments:

Post a Comment