Monday, July 4, 2011

Ah the beach!

So we all know I spent last week at the beach, right?  Well I thought today I would do a quick post, sharing some of my trip.  First of all, it was absolutely amazing.  It had been so long since I had been able to take time away and literally not have every second planned of my "vacation".  Most of my time off includes driving home and spending time with my family, which means it's rush rush rush.  I love going home and I really don't mind all of the rushing, but it was definitely nice having absolutely no expectations for 6 days.  The even better part was i got to spend the week with some of my closest friends from high school.  There were 7 of us that went on the trip and ALL of us went to high school together.  It's interesting how it all came together.  My friends Kim, Chris, and Becky who have all been my friends for 13 plus years went, then Becky  is married to Dustin who we went to high school with and is a few years older than us, and then his best friend, Mike, who we also went to school with came as well and then Becky's older sister Sara who we've gotten to be super close with as well.

The road trip there was interesting, I won't lie. Most of us hadn't slept in nearly a day so the angry level was turned up rather high haha!!! Anyway we made it to our destination around 4 pm on Saturday and immediately changed and went to lay around at the pool.  We then had a delicious fresh seafood dinner.
Sunday we all woke up, had breakfast and headed to beach #1!!!

This was Cherry Grove Beach.  The sand was crazy hot but it was beautiful as you can tell.  The waves at this beach were pretty intense so being in the ocean was only enjoyable for small increments of time. After we left the beach we decided to go shower and have a home cooked family meal. 

Monday morning the 7 of us got ready and hit up beach #2

This is Sunset Beach.  It was beautiful!!! I'm pretty sure that this beach was my favorite.  It wasn't super crowded, we got lucky and sat next to a group of younger 20 somethings and had music to listen to.  The waves were also a lot less intense.  That evening we had another home cooked family meal and then Kim, Becky, Sara, Chris and I headed down to main myrtle to spend the evening. 

Sara had rented an ocean front room for us to enjoy for the evening and so we were closer tot he bar scene.  We all got ready and went out that night! We had an absolutely amazing time.  I'm now a lifetime member to one of the bars there. When we got home from the bars around 3:30 am we decided we were going to take advantage of being right on the ocean and went and walked along the beach and played in the water.  It was amazing.  Probably not the safest time for the 5 of us to do that but ya know. 

Even with a hangover on Tuesday morning it was nice to wake up to the sound of the ocean, open the door 10 feet from your bed and see THIS!!!

some of us spent that day on the beach while others went and did a little beach shopping.  Another FANTASTIC day!!! I wasn't nearly as excited about Myrtle beach b/c it was so crowded, however it was awesome to be able to wake up to the beach!
On Wednesday Dustin, Becky, and Mike wanted to go para sailing so Kim and I dropped them off and walked Ocean City beach later in the day and looked for seashells and enjoyed the water.  Very relaxing. 

On our final day there I was very adamant about going to the beach.  While we had a pool at our condo, I just couldn't pass up one last time at the beach.  I was all prepared to go to the beach and spend the day relaxing by myself  (Chris and Sara wanted to nap; Becky, Kim, Dustin, and Mike wanted to go to the pool).  As I was leaving Sara and Chris decided to come along! 
I know this looks like the first beach I showed but I promise you it is not.  This is Ocean Isle Beach, we actually picked this spot b/c we all wanted a picture with the pier in it again.  This beach is what everyone calls the shelly beach.  There are lots and lots of shells everywhere!!! The waves were absolutely perfect and it was nice and quiet! 

That evening we packed up and began the trip back home.  It was a very rough ending for all of us.  We were all incredibly bummed out.  I got home about 2 am Friday morning and they continued their trip back to Ohio. 
Most of us have talked everyday since, all of us have been in a tad of a funk b/c we miss each other so much, but I'll be making a trip to Ohio soon, I hope.

That was my summer vacation!!! What do you guys have planned for the summer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment