Monday, June 20, 2011

Sally Hansen Color Quick!!!!

Yesterday after I left work I stopped at Kroger to pick up a few things for the homemade Chicken Parmesan I was preparing.  By the checkout counter they had a big bin of clearance items.  I of course had to check out the cosmetics.  Most of the stuff was pretty atrocious but I managed to find one thing I thought would be interesting to try!

Holy crap, right?  Was $7.99 marked down to $1.99!!!! I had to get it.  I purchased 08 Red Chrome.  I took a picture of the label but it looked like crap so I'll spare you.
This is what the tube looks like.  It reminds me a little bit of a glitter glue that I had when I was a kid. 


There is a brush on the end.  To get product on the brush you just pump the white plastic part you see in the picture before this one.  Once you have product on the brush you just brush it on your nail.  It's the same concept as regular nail polish.

Here is the finished product.  I'm not a huge fan of the color.  It was super easy to use, but it took awhile to get enough product in the brush to even get your nails covered.  I wasn't a big fan of the brush, it was a bit rougher than a typical nail polish brush and it tended to to fan out too much so it took a few coats to get my whole nail colored.
Now, here is the worst part...
I painted my nails around 7pm Sunday night.  I watched a few movies and hung out, went to bed and this morning when I woke up this is what my nails looked like.  BUMMER!
All-in-all I'm pretty unimpressed with this product.  Thank god I only paid $1.99!!!

Have any of you tried this line of products before?  If so, did you have better luck with the product?


No comments:

Post a Comment