Monday, June 6, 2011

What's up with those blemishes?

On my post from last Wednesday when I was showing my summer face routine I mentioned my two go to concealers.  Today I thought I'd give you a better look at the two.
The top is Hard Candy Glamoflauge, I purchased this at Walmart for $6. The tube is 0.71 oz. This also comes with a concealer "pencil" that you can use as a primer for the actual concealer. I think I put the pencil in some unknown place because I could not find it, I remember I wasn't impressed with it!  The bottom is a concealer from Mary Kay.  This retails for $10 for 0.3 oz.  
To demonstrate how awesome both of these are I thought I'd give them a go at covering up a tattoo on my wrist.  The top of the tattoo is gooped up with the Mary Kay concealer and the bottom splotch is the Hard Candy. 
After blending the product out you can see that they both do a pretty decent job at covering up my DARK black tattoo.  You can't tell too well in the picture, but the Hard Candy does cover a little better than the Mary Kay.  But I think considering it's a tattoo and most of the time you aren't covering up something that dark these both are awesome concealers.  
What I like better about the Mary Kay concealer is that it's formula is much lighter, therefore it is much easier to work with.  It blends well in to foundation and covers up my blemishes.  The Hard Candy is much thicker in consistency so it feels heavier on the face and is sometimes more difficult to blend.  


Overall, I highly recommend both of these!  While the Mary Kay is more costly, remember part of the proceeds goes to the personal consultant.  So if the consultant you chose to purchase from is one of your friends you are helping a friend and their family out!

What are your favorite concealers? 



Did everyone have a good weekend?  I know I did! I didn't do much of anything and it was wonderful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment