Friday, June 3, 2011

My summer face!

When the weather starts getting warmer and the humidity sky rockets I like to switch up my foundation/face routine.  When it gets warm I usually don't mess with all the medium/full coverage foundations and trade it up for something that feels lighter on the face.  I don't want my face melting part way through the day.  Up until last summer I would just use a powder.  Then last summer I made a discovery and have been sticking with it since.  
First I start off with a tinted moisturizer.  I have found that my favorite is from Physician's Formula.  
It's in the Organic Wear line.  I stick with light to neutral in color, because let's face it I am kind of fair skinned.  There is an SPF 15 in the moisturizer, which for me is awesome.  I get light coverage, a moisturizer and SPF protection all in one!!! 
After I put on my tinted moisturizer I follow up with probably one of my favorite Mary Kay products.  The Mineral Powder Foundation. 
The Mineral Powder Foundation works best with a flat top brush as shown in the picture above.  The powder definitely gets best coverage when it is buffed on.  The combination of the tinted moisturizer and mineral powder foundation gives pretty decent coverage and is still super light on the skin!   
Depending on how awful I feel like I look in the morning and how intense my bags are under my eyes I may or may not apply some concealer.  My two favorite are Glamofauge from Hard Candy and Concealer from Mary Kay.  
there is definitely a distinct difference int he two.  The Mary Kay is a much lighter coverage than the Glamoflauge so like I really said it's all about how I'm feeling about my imprefections every morning! 
  
After I have applied the tinted moisturize, mineral powder foundation and/or concealer I follow up with a little bit of blush to give my face a little bit of color.  


I also thought I would share with you my current favorite, summery lipsticks. 


They all 3 happen to be from ELF.  The top two is from their normal line, so they were only $1.  The bottom is from their mineral line so I believe it was $6, but I got it for 50% off.  Anyway from top to bottom: Gypsy, Seduction, and Candid Coral.  I definitely like the texture and stay of their mineral lipstick much better than their dollar line, but for a dollar I can reapply right? 


Have you ladies tried any of these products?  Is there a super awesome tinted moisturize that you like better?  I'd love to try some more out!  


What does everyone have going on this weekend? I'm looking very forward to a weekend of relaxing by the pool and getting some color on my pasty legs this weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. I have those 2 ELF lippies in Gypsy and Seduction. Now I'm really sad I didn't get Candid Coral. I like the swatch of it :) Great post. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete