Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hair, Hair, Hair!!!

At the beginning of May I did a haul post from a trip to The Body Shop and said I would review some of the items I got with that purchase.  If you need a refresher you can read the blog here.
Anyway, during that trip I got the Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter.  I mentioned in the post I had tried it once and wasn't a fan but needed to try it out a few more times before I gave my full opinion.
I have used this 3 times.  To be honest, I just can't figure out how I feel about this product.  Part of me hates it and part of me is ok with it.  The packaging directions say that you should work two hazelnut size amounts of product in to your hair, allow it to sit for several minutes and then rinse.  To be honest two hazelnut size amounts of this product was not even enough product to cover half of my hair.  My hair sits right around shoulder length, but it is very thick.  It took more like two walnut or pecan size amounts of product to cover all of my hair.  I'm not sure why the description is in terms of nuts but I felt the need to continue using that as a unit of measurement.  The major downfall of the initial start up use of product is this stuff smells like Play-Doh.  That's right I said it... it smells like we did when were in kindergarten.  I am NOT a fan of that. Luckily once my hair was dried and straightened my hair smells more like my shampoo and less like Play-Doh.  THANK GOD!
The first two times I used this product I wore my hair naturally curly and I have to admit I HATED it.  My hair only half ass curled and I assume that is because of the weight of the product.  Today, I decided to take a different style route and went for the straightened look.  Prior to blow drying I have to admit I did not like the way my hair felt.  It still felt kind of heavy and almost kind of coarse.  Now that it is brow dried and straightened I have to say it feels pretty good.  My hair is super soft and actually pretty shiny.  The only downfall so far is that I can tell perhaps my roots may get a little oily throughout the day. So next time I decide to use this I will definitely concentrate more on the rest of my hair and less on my roots, which makes good sense since technically that's the newest hair and should probably be the least damage haha.
I am not sure that I would repurchase this product.  I do like the product, but I am not that much in love with it to pay the $14 or $16 to replenish the stock, I feel that there are much better products out there for this purpose at a much better cost. 

Have any of you ever used this product?  What did you think about it? What kind of hair repair products do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment