Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My mini weekend haul!!!

Let me apologize for the delay in posting... It was a crazy busy weekend with the holiday and all the traveling as well as coming back to having to fill in and teach someone's lecture all week and have to prepare my own materials.  Needless to say this week has been nuts and I really just want to go home, jump in the pool, cool off, and then go sleep! 
Anyway, on my way to visit my family and friends I stopped in Cincinnati, to spend some money at Ulta and Lush.  Let's see what I got :) 

The first thing I ran towards at Lush was this cute little bath bomb.  It's called Big Blue.  The darker color flecks you see in the bath bomb is seaweed.  According to the website:

Relaxing seaweed soak: Lemon, lavender and seaweed for clear thoughts. Escape into a world of pure, uncluttered thought by dropping a Big Blue into the bath.

Swim your private ocean: Lemon and lavender oils help to clear your mind, complete with skin-softening seaweed and sea salt to help you float away in your own warm, blue ocean of inspiration.

Arame seaweed: When the seaweed soaks in the hot water, it becomes softening and soothing.

 I didn't plan on getting this little guy, but I saw it and thought it was worth trying for $4.95.  This is called sugar babe.  It is a sugar mask made of sugar (obviously) and coconut oil!  I'm excited to try it. Especially since Coconut Oil is supposed to be so good for your skin. a

The first and only other time I have been to Lush they gave me a sample of Sexy Peel to try.  I fell in love with it!  I am a big fan of citrus scented soaps and etc so of course I loved this.  when I went back I had to buy myself another one!  1/4 pound of this goodness is around $8.50.  I know that sounds expensive, or at least it did to me the first time I thought about it but let's remember all of the benefits you recieve from using handmade soaps.  You can a) pronounce all of the ingredients in the soap and b) you aren't using any harsh chemicals on your precious skin.  I think it's worth it and ever since switching from using regular store soaps to using soaps free of sulfates and parabens I have noticed a dramatic difference in my skin.  I also use a whole lot less lotion!!! 

If you ever read the bloggings over at Pretty Addictions, you probably know that Kassandra loves the scent of Karma.  I had to pick up something in that scent so she wouldn't give me hell :)  I chose to get more soap!!!
 If you remember my, "Why my hair and skin love me!!!" post I talked about how awesome this Angels on Bare Skin from Lush is.  I had to replenish my stock!  I know 0.13 lbs doesn't sound like a whole lot but you need so little of this stuff to get enough to wash your face this lasts FOREVER!!! Plus your face feels amazing!!!

Across the street from the mall that Lush is in is Ulta, I of course had to stop there!
They were having a sale on their NYX products where you bought 2 and got one free. 
These are the three items I chose.  Top to bottom: Creme Rouge in Glow, Creme Rouge in Natural, and NYX Eyeliner Pen in Extreme Coffee.  I have tried all three of these items and I love them!!!! I will do a review on this soon! 
I also decided to pick up a few other items.  Ulta carries this brand called Essence, there stuff seems to be hit or miss but I decided to try a few things.  I had left what I used as my highlight down here in TN, so I grabbed something to hopefully suffice for the weekend. Since I already have several highlights I chose to get something on the cheaper side (oops, should have splurged).
The picture kind of stinks but taking it with the flash caused an awful glare.  This is Essence soft touch blush in Fashionita (should have called it craponista). 

I also grabbed this mascara from essence to try because it was only a few bucks.  It is Black Mania-Carbon Black Volume Mascara.  This actually isn't a half bad mascara.  I assume it is supposed to be a dupe for L'Oreal Volumious Carbon Black, however it's not even remotely like it, or at least I didn't think so. 
I also grabbed this bottle of Sally Hansen nail polish for $1.19.  The color is truffle.  It's a very nude/mauve color.  I actually kind of like it on. 

I wanted to do more shopping while I was up in Ohio but as usual there is never enough time.  If only we could add more hours in the day or something. 

Has anyone tried any of these products?  What did everyone do during the holiday weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment