Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Feather Hair Extensions! (picture heavy)

I started looking for feather hair extensions well over a month ago, actually probably more like two months.  When I first started looking it seemed like everyone was out of products.  When companies started getting their stocks replenished I started looking again.  If you've ever looked for these little cuties, you'll know that prices are literally allllll over the place.  Some salons here in the city I live in charge $55 per feather! YES! 55 Per feather!!! OMG! No thanks!
Well after looking and looking I found a little indy company called Hipchick 3 at this website. They had a cute little package of colored feathers and natural ones all together.  It was a bundle of 5, with one bead for $16.95.  SCORE!
I ordered the green grizzly and natural feather bundle.
This was the picture that was featured on the website for this bundle.  If you look at this picture I personally thought that the feathers looked more of a teal/aqua, this is why I ordered them.  I am a sucker for the color teal.  I was so excited.  I got my confirmation number the day I ordered them and they arrived 2 days later! WOW! Fast shipping!  Anyone who knows me knows that I struggle with ordering online b/c I'm so damn impatient.
I get home, run to the mailbox and get my package... open it and I'm disappointed instantly...

Do you see those feathers? Those look lime green to me... they don't look anything like the picture that they had on their website.  So I contacted their customer service.

Hello, 
Thank you for the quick shipping.  I received my order yesterday.  The picture that is featured on the website shows the green grizzly and natural pack as being more of a teal green in color.  This is why I chose the green.  When I received the feathers they are actually lime green.  Is there anything that can be done about this?  Do you have feathers that are more a teal color? 
Thank you,
Kelly

Their response....

Hi Kelly,

You can send the extension back and we can give you a refund, or we are dying more feathers this weekend and are making some closer to the shade of green you are looking for. Sorry they weren’t what you expected.


I was so glad they were willing to work with me, but I was less than thrilled about the fact that they wanted me to send back the ones I originally got before I even got new ones.

Hello, 
I love the feathers, I just can't decide how I feel about the lime green.  Would there be a way to see a picture of the ones you dyed this weekend before I make the decision to send them back for a refund or not?

Hi Kelly,

Here is a picture I just took, the flash might have made it a little lighter.

Now, correct me if I am wrong or I've sniffed too much glue, but these do NOT look teal AT ALL!!! They look bright ass lime green to me....

Hello,
Would it be possible to see a picture of the blue? 

This picture was the response I received... 
 Still doesn't look super teal to me...

Hello,
I have attached the picture that you have listed on your website. This is the color I am looking for.  


*I attached the first picture you see in this blog just to make sure they knew what I was talking about...

their response was
The 1st photo of the blues I sent you is very close to this color. You can send the greens back if you like and I will send you the teal feathers I have.

Again, I am not sending you back the feathers before you send me a correct product.  
I responded with that politely and they offered to send the "blue" ones out the next day and they were here in 2 days.  


  yay!!! finally!!! The ones on the left in this picture were the lime green ones that I received first and the ones on the right were from the new batch.  The picture doesn't do them the proper justice, b/c they are in fact teal!!! YES!!!

I did not buy the kit, b/c I had seen a YouTube video where a girl only used a skinny hair tie and a pair of pliers to install hers.  That's what I did, myself and score!!!
I LOVE THEM!!!

Do any of you lovelies currently sport the feather hair extension look?  What was your experience like?  Would you ladies like me to post step by step how I installed my feather extensions?

2 comments:

  1. What a pain!! Someone working there must be a tad color blind. They look great though I went for teal ones too and I absolutely LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pain, but honestly they could have been a lot worse. I love the teal ones too!! They look pretty cool with the purple in my hair.

    ReplyDelete