Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Body Shop

First of all let me say I hope that everyone knows about the wonderfulness of the internet site "Groupon".  It has recently become one of my favorite things in the world.  It's a website that you can buy certificates to stores both online and offline, restaurants, manicures/pedicures, spa days, hair cuts etc at an extreme discount.  Last week feature on the Knoxville Groupon was a $40 certificate ($45 if used before 5/30) for 20 bucks to this awesome store The Body Shop.  If you've never been there they sell a little bit of everything, facial cleansers, shampoo, soap, scrubs, body butter, and now even makeup.  The awesome thing about this place is they leave all the bad junk that can be harmful for our skin and hair out of the picture.  I bought the groupon on Tuesday and couldn't wait any longer than Thursday to go spend it. 

This is everything I got.  I'll show individual pictures below and then talk about each of them for a few.

(I am by no means a photographer... I took a billion pictures and none of them turned out how I wanted... maybe I'll get better the more I do this :) )
The first item is Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter. The website says: 
  •  Best if you want to: Create soft, glossy and tangle-free hair using a luxuriously rich and intensive deep-conditioning treatment without silicones, sulphates, parabens or colorants. With pracaxi oil, manketti nut oil and Community Trade honey and olive oil.
  • Best for: dry and damaged hair 
    How it works:
    • Organic Community Trade honey moisturizes and conditions skin.
    • Community Trade organic olive oil helps to condition hair
The best part of this product is that it contains no silicones, no colourants, and no parabens! All of these can be bad for the skin and hair.  A 200ml container of this stuff is $14.  I have only used this product once since I picked it up and I have to say I wasn't super excited about it the first time I used it.  I'll have to use it a few more times before I make a full decision.  

  • According to the website The Sweet Lemon Body scrub is:

    • Best if you want to: Reveal your skin's true radiance with a polishing scrub enriched with luscious lemon seed oil that will leave your skin soft, smooth, radiant and delicately scented with an uplifting citrus fragrance.
    • Best for: normal to dry skin
    • How it works:
      • Lemon seed oil is high in anti-oxidants and Vitamin C and helps moisturize and soften the skin.
      • Lemon peel and exfoliating Community Trade organic sugar helps to polish and remove dead skin cells.
      • Community Trade organically grown soya oil is rich in essential fatty acids to help restore the skin's moisture barrier, thus helping to restore moisture and smoothness. 
      I have purchased several of their body scrubs in the past and have loved all of them.  I have to say that I love this one just as much as the ones I've purchased in the past!  A 200 ml container of this wonderfulness retails at $16. 

      Dreams Unlimited Body Butter is:

    • Best if you want to: Moisturize your skin with our famous Body Butter with the uplifting scent of Dreams Unlimited™, a fusion of citrus, green chilli, white flowers and cedarwood. It is quickly absorbed.
    • Best for: all skin types
    • Details: 
    • • Moisturizing
    • • Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
    • • Buttery texture
    • • Fresh, white-floral scent
    I absolutely love the body butter's from The Body Shop.  I haven't bought one in quite a few years so when I went in this time I was kind of dissapointed by the lack of scents they have.  For several minutes I thought I wasn't going to be able to find one and then I saw the limited addition ones on another wall and immediately loved this very light and fresh scent.  A 200 ml container of body butters also retail for $16.

    While I was there I decided to pick up a few bars of soap.  On the left is Satsuma Soap and on the right is Sweet Lemon.  These soaps do not contain Parabens.  For the most part you can pronounce all of the names on the ingredients list and the are a very reasonable price.  A 3.5oz bar retails at $4. As you can tell in the picture they are both still wrapped in plastic so I haven't had the opportunity to try these babies out yet, but I can't wait to!
    On a typical day at the Body Shop all of these goodies would have cost me
    $54 plus tax, however the day I ended up going the items were buy three get 2 free.  So technically the bars of soaps were free.  So including tax and taking off my groupon discount I paid $25.36 for all of these goodies!! Not half bad right?


No comments:

Post a Comment