Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mary Kay Eyeshadow & Liner Duos!!!

I have mentioned before that one of my good friends is a consultant for Mary Kay, this means whenever new products come out I get to see them A.S.A.P.  I admit I only have a few of their eye shadows because I do prefer more pigmented shadows, I love their eyeliner, face products and skin care though.  Anyway that's not what this post is about. 
On Sunday some of the girls and I went over to our friend's for dinner and afterwards we got to preview the limited edition Mary Kay products.  I could resist taking pictures to show you guys, I think these products are AWESOME!



They are Shadow and Line eye duo.  They have 5 different options and they are advertised on the website as follows:
This eye shadow/eyeliner in one is a simple stroke of genius! Being on-trend is a breeze with these 2-in-1 retractable pencils. Bali Blue is one of four creamy colors paired by Mary Kay® expert makeup artists, making it easy to get a fashion-forward look. Get one of each while they last!

Let's Take a peak at the actual colors :) 

Swatches (without flash): Bali Blue Cream Eyeshadow with Brown Eyeliner (top), Soft Jade Cream Eyeshadow with Green Eyeliner (bottom left),  Frosted Fig Cream Eyeshadow with Purple Eyeliner (bottom middle), and Brushed Copper Cream Eyeshadow with Dark Brown Eyeliner (bottom right).


Swatches (with flash): Bali Blue Cream Eyeshadow with Brown Eyeliner (top), Soft Jade Cream Eyeshadow with Green Eyeliner (bottom left),  Frosted Fig Cream Eyeshadow with Purple Eyeliner (bottom middle), and Brushed Copper Cream Eyeshadow with Dark Brown Eyeliner (bottom right).

I am absolutely in love with the Soft Jade, Frosted Fig and Brushed Copper duo.  I think they are all so pretty.  They all glide on super smooth and are REALLY pigmented.  

To test the "durability" of the shadows I washed my hands with soap and water.  Check out what it looked like after! 
The cream eye shadows look practically the same!!! The eyeliners did wipe off a little bit, but that's an easy fix.  I am so impressed with these.  
I think the colors are absolutely beautiful and I love the eyeliner.  They glide on so smooth!  The retail on these are $16 a piece.  I think for a shadow AND an eyeliner that is so worth it!!! 


After we left my our Mary Kay swatching party we went home and hung out.  One of my best friends from college came down to visit this weekend.  Whenever she comes down we end up going to the Dollar Tree and buy some of the most random things.  This time we bought kits to make bead layouts.  I don't know how to explain what I'm thinking but you get a plastic board with a pre-laid out design.  You put the beads on it and then use an iron to melt them together.


Marie working very hard on her butterfly! It was so fun, but we decided that we have no idea how we had so much patience as a child to make these so often!  
Mine is the flower and Marie's is the butterfly.  We decided to put magnets on the back of them to put them on our refrigerators.  Then we switched and kept the opposite one.  So I kept her butterfly and she took my flower :)  All in all I had a fantastic weekend and have to admit that good friends make everything better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment