Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My makeup pet peeves!

I thought I'd do something different for my blog today.  Apparently these are things I say to friends at times and finally a friend of mine, Blake said to me the other day, "will you please do a whole blog on this stuff?" I thought hey why not!
So today I bring to you my  makeup pet peeves!  I am by no means saying that I am perfect at doing makeup, because let's face it I am not, but we all have things we see people doing that we are like, "OMG, what was she thinking?"

 My first pet peeve is clumpy mascara!  It seriously drives me nuts! If I have eyelashes sticking together I will seriously take my eye makeup off and start all over.  I think it looks cheap, trashy and ridiculous!

Pet peeve # 2 is overdrawn or done lips!  It really drives me nuts to see women over do their natural lip line. We all know what I'm talking about, ya know when women try to make their lips looks bigger and as a result it just looks trashy.  Use some lip plumper if you are seriously that worried about the size of your lips, don't draw outside your natural lip line grr!

I totally understand that some women naturally have thin eyebrows and do need to fill in their eyebrows, however there is a HUGE difference b/w filling in your eyebrows and completely drawing on your eyebrows!




Another thing that seriously bothers me is when women can't seem to get their eyeliner on their lash line.  Ya know when there is that awkward gap between their lash line and their eyeliner.  It just looks silly. 

I will admit I use lip liner.  However, I use lip liner more as a base or sometimes i fill in the whole lip and put a lip gloss on top of it.  I definitely do not line my entire lip and not blend it.  When I see women doing this I just want to smack the crap out of them!!!

We all have friends who do this next one and I know it drives all of you equally as nuts as it does me.  I hate when people do not blend their foundation on to their neck.  especially when their foundation is not the same color as your natural neck color.  So you end up seeing this harsh ugly line! ( I found this picture and it was too funny not to use!)
I am not a big fan of wearing bronzer, however I am aware that a) you are not supposed to wear bronzer all of your damn face and b) there is such a thing as WAY too much bronzer, however some women are not!
Seriously? What the hell was she thinking?

Also, I mean how hard is it to use a blending brush and blend out the harsh lines of your eyeshadow so you don't look insane?  I do it everyday, I know it isn't that hard!

I've also noticed an increasing trend in the whole wearing lighter concealer under your eyes, I just can't understand why.... it doesn't make you look any better, in fact it looks like you have raccoon eyes!

My last pet peeve, is mostly just for myself. I don't really mind it on other people but I really hate it when I do it for myself.  I hate when I don't properly think out what I am going to wear for the day and I end up having an eyeshadow look that matches my outfit!  Gah it just drives me insane and makes me sad ALL day!


My last comment is completely random but I had to share it because I saw so many women doing it while I was at the beach... Why do people wear shoes that are too small for their feet?  I mean seriously!!! A) It's not comfortable and B) you look absolutely ridiculous!!!!
Seriously do all of us a favor and do yourself one too, buy some damn shoes that fit!!!!


What are your pet peeves ladies? 

1 comment: