Friday, September 2, 2011

Mask of Magnaminty

A few weeks ago I placed an order with Lush, you can see my haul here. With this order I purchased their Mask of Magnaminty.  If you remember in a post long ago I raved about how much I loved their skincare products, so I thought that it was well worth it to give this mask a try, especially since I was already ordering anyway. I ordered the smaller size of the product (4.4 oz for $11.95), that way in case I didn't like it I wasn't stuck with a huge container of it!

The mask is a China clay and bentonite gel mask that also has ground aduki beans, primrose seeds and peppermint oil. 

According to Lush:

China clay and bentonite gel will pull the dirt from your pores, ground aduki beans and evening primrose seeds exfoliate surface skin cells, and peppermint oil will make you feel so fresh and minty that you'll forget you were ever grubby.
Ground aduki beans remove dead skin cells when used on the skin as an exfoliating powder. They polish the skin, leaving it healthy and renewed.

This clay mask is very very thick. It feels super weird at first, but once it's on there it does have a slight cooling/refreshing feeling. At first the texture really weirded me out.  According the directions you should use a handful of the mask, massage in to your face, let it dry completely and then rinse the mask off. I typically put the mask on in the morning before I get in the shower, let it dry while I wash my hair and then rinse it off. 

As with all other Lush skincare products I love the way my face feels after using this. It feels so smooth and fresh. I do feel though that perhaps the description builds the product up a little more than necessary, at least for me. I do really like that when the mask dries your face doesn't get unmovably tight like it can with some masks. I do enjoy this product, but I am not sure that I would run back to Lush to replace it as soon as it is gone. 

Have you ladies ever tried this mask? What did you think? What is your favorite skincare product from Lush?

Are you ladies, doing anything fun and exciting for the holiday weekend? I plan on making it a very very low key weekend. I have friends coming in next weekend and then I am leaving town for a few days as soon as they leave, so I need this weekend to relax and of course watch football!!!!

2 comments:

  1. First of all I am a new!! HELLOO!! c[= Second I love this mask!! aahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome!!! Have you ever tried the Angels on Bareskin from Lush? If not I HIGHLY recommend it!

    ReplyDelete