Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lush's Jungle Conditioner!

I've decided that this week I'm going to dedicate all of my blog posts to my beloved, Lush. On Monday I posted about an item I received in my Protect and Nourish Head Case kit, today I'm going to post about another item that was in the kit. 
Along with the Curly Wurly Shampoo I also received the Jungle Conditioner.  For those of you that are not familiar this is actual a solid conditioner bar, which at first was super weird for me.
There is a sweet leafy looking design on the top and it comes in a 2oz solid bar form for $7.95.  According to Lush:
Jungle feels different on your hair from liquid conditioner; until you wash it off, you hardly notice it's there. It smoothes and detangles, leaving a fruitily scented coat of shininess. Smooth it along the length of your hair from root to tip, then rinse out.

I have to admit that the first time I tried this product I did not love it, not even a little bit. It has definitely been something that has grown on me the more I use it.  The first time I used it I used WAYYYY too much of the product and as a result my hair felt pretty greasy within an hour of using it. I also wasn't aware that it shouldn't be used on the roots, but only the ends.  The Jungle conditioner has a very "spicy" smell to it. It's a smell completely different than anything I have ever used. When I came to work that first day I remember complaining to people that all I could smell was this conditioner. Several hours later I walked past one of my co-workers and he asked, "Kelly do you smell that? It smells, I don't know... spicy!" I immediately knew what he was talking about and it was my conditioner.  He even asked me if I was turning hippy on him! After that first time I learned my lesson that a little of this product goes a LONG way and to not apply directly to the roots.  Since then, I have realized I really do love this conditioner, I only use it sparingly as I have several conditioners that I work in to my daily showering ritual, but I have to admit I really am a fan.  this will be added to my Lush shopping list for sure!

Have you ladies ever tried the Jungle Conditioner? If so, what do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment