Friday, September 30, 2011

Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

This post is LONG overdue. I have been meaning and meaning to review this product and I just kept forgetting. First, I'm not sure if you all have heard of the line of haircare products called Not Your Mother's or not.  They are a drugstore brand line, I have only seen them at some WalMart locations.  Their marketing strategy is based on the concept of "being different".  Their line includes:
I have only tried one of their products. I am not big on using hairspray and fortunately I do not need much help in the volume realm so I decided to give the Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray.  There has been a lot of hype surrounding Sea Salt Spray based products recently and I figured maybe I should give this all a try. 


This product according to the website, is supposed to give you that tousled wavy hair that typically comes as a result of being at the beach all day. We all know what I'm talking about.  Everyone tries to accomplish these beach waves at least once, right? I know I have. Especially since I really only have two kinds of hair, either naturally curly or flat iron straight. I thought maybe the wavy look would be something interesting to add in to my rotation. 

According to the directions this should be applied to clean, damp hair and then should be combed through to ensure even application. After use a brush or your fingers to accomplish different textures in your hair. You can either allow your hair to air dry, blow dry, or use a diffuser to accomplish and set the look. 

The product has little smell to it, which is nice for those of us with sensitive noses. However, I have to admit I DO NOT like this product at all.  It left my hair crispy and about 20 times curlier than my hair is using my normal curl products(aka, I looked like I had a fro).  I didn't apply all that much of the product (I was intimidated by it) so I can't blame the crispiness on applying too much, I think the product just sets that way.  I've mentioned a billion other times how much I dislike my hair being crispy so obviously this is not my favorite product in the whole world.  I think I have finally given up on ever achieving the beach wave look with my hair as it is just too dang curly.  Perhaps someone with more fine and straight hair would have much better luck using this product.  I definitely recommend trying it if you can get your hands on this stuff, after all it is less than 4 bucks for an entire bottle!!!

Have you ladies tried anything else from this line? What did you think? Any of you have better luck with this particular product than I did?

No comments:

Post a Comment