Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My new fancy wreath!

So, I'll be honest I LOVE fall. It's my absolute favorite time of the year. The weather is perfect, the leaves are gorgeous, and there is football on 5 out of 7 days of the week.  This past weekend I was out looking for stuff to make feather bouquets with my friend Rachel for her upcoming nuptials and while we were at Hobby Lobby I noticed that their wreaths were 50% off.  For some reason this gave me a HUGE urgency to make a cute little wreath for our front door (I feel as though this is a sign that I truly am aging.)
Anyway, I just thought I'd give you a little peek at my little Friday night crafty project.
 
the wreath is pretty decent sized, It was originally 5 bucks at Hobby Lobby, but it was 50% off, so It was $2.50 (I'm not sure why I felt the need to do the division for you.) The flowers were a fall artificial bouquet from Wal-Mart that was $5 and it had around 15 flowers. I also purchased a small bunch of red-orange artificial leaves for 94 cents from Wal-Mart as well.  I used wire cutters to cut flowers and leaves from bouquet leaving a 3 inch or so wire attached to the base. I then weaved the wire around the vines in the wreath.  Technically you could just pull the flower off and just super glue it to the wreath, but I wanted to leave the option there to change flowers out on the wreath if I chose to. 

This was about a 15 minute craft project, the hardest part was successfully cutting the flower wire, which is super thick. 

I think this wreath is super cute and add just a little something to our boring front door :) What do you ladies think?

No comments:

Post a Comment