Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What am I doing with my life?

Is it sad that I'm 26 years old and am in my 8th year of higher education and I'm still not 100% sure what I want to be when I grow up? I know that sounds awful, but it's really not as bad as I make it sound. 
I have a bachelor's in Chemistry and am currently working on my Ph.D. but now the big questions are starting... the main one being "What do I want to use my Ph.D. for?" I have absolutely no freaking idea.  I know that if I have to do exactly what I'm doing for the rest of my life I'll probably go nuts.  Granted, I think a lot of why I say that is due to the monotony of graduate school and some of it is because I do recognize the fact that this is not my biggest strength in the chemistry realm of life. 
I chose chemistry for several reasons: I love chemistry, I find it incredibly interesting, I'm relatively decent at it, and there are so many job opportunities that can come from having a degree in this field. I do not regret  one bit choosing this as a career, some days I do ask myself, "Would I be better at something else?" I think that's normal?  I'm not sure.  Maybe it's because I'm coming incredibly close to that juncture in life where it's time to make some very adult decisions and I am freaked out I'll make the wrong one.  Thankfully, I have so many supportive and awesome people in my life that will help me along the way. 

Anyway, that was the boring part of the post.  I just had to vent, and I think that's allowed sometimes.  I have a lot of super exciting things coming up that I can't wait for.  In like 9 days I'm going to go home for a few days to see my friends and family.  Then in June I'm going to the beach with my friends from high school!  I can't freaking wait!!!! Then.... in September I am going to Niagara Falls, Canada for a national conference, ya know what that means??? FREEEEEE TRIP!!!!

While I was out this weekend I picked up some new stuff, that I'm pretty excited about!!!
I suck at life and forgot to take pictures of the stuff so you are going to see some internet pictures for these items...My main stop was Target.  I needed some new eye makeup remover and was on the hunt for the perfect mauvy pink lipstick. What better place to start than target right???

This stuff is awesome!! It removes makeup so well!  A lot of times you take off your eye makeup and then the next morning you wake up and you see a little collection of color under your eye from your eyeliner or mascara... so frustrating, but let me tell you the few days I have worn this I have no woken up with that gunk under my eye.  My only complaint with this stuff is it is super oily, thank god you wash your face after you take off your eye makeup.  Well, at least I do!

I also picked up this nail polish.  It's Revlon, clearly and the color is Royal.  It's a gorgeous bright blue!  I haven't had the chance to use it yet, I'm currently rocking out with bright red.  Anyway, this stuff retails at $4.99 and I found it at Target for $1.98.  SCORE!!!

My last awesome health and beauty item I picked up was this mauvy pink lipstick that has turned out to be exactly what I was looking for.  How often does that happen!!! Anyway it was $1 because it's an ELF lipstick.  It's called classy and here is the swatch. 

Isn't it so pretty??? and for a buck it's amazing!  It smells all nice and fruity too.  Love it!


I also thought I'd include a look I created with some Pretty Addictions shadows with today's post. 
Isn't that pretty??? It's one of my favorites.  I used Darkness on the lid and then used Locked & Loaded in the crease and blended like crazy! I love it!

Anyway, That's my absolutely random post of the day.  Let me know what you think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment