Monday, May 16, 2011

Why my skin and hair love me!

It wasn't until about a year and a half ago that I started to really get in the habit of properly taking care of my skin.  One of my good friends started selling Mary Kay and was ranting and raving about the Time Wise skin care line.  Finally I got suckered in and decided to try it.  I've never had any problems with my skin, occasionally I will get that dreaded zit, but I've always had good luck.  However, because I wasn't taking proper care of my skin now I realized that it would effect me later in life.  When you don't properly wash your face and moisturize it aging effects advance.  I have to admit that ever since I have tried the Time Wise line I don't think I will go back.  I love the way my skin feels all day and I actually look forward to washing my face at night!  Now that I've started this regimen I try to wash my face twice per day, most times though I only remember to wash it at night, which I guess is the most important part so I can get all of this makeup off.


I highly recommend using this stuff! I love it!
I also recently have discovered Lush.  While I was there I picked up some of their facial cleanser called Angels on Bareskin.  OMG this stuff is amazing! My friend told me to get it and said, "your face will love you for it!" and she is 100% right.  I try to uses this stuff every other day or every two days.  I've also noticed a difference in the texture of my skin since I have started using it!  I took a picture of it but the picture looks like crap so I just linked it above. 

These two products have made a huge difference in my skin!  I can't wait to go back to Lush to pick up more goodies!

Now for my hair, I have some crazy ass weird textured hair.  Also a few months ago I decided to put some vivid purple panels of color in my hair, which required actually bleaching my hair.  Because I did this I decided I was going to need to use some deep moisture conditioner to make sure my hair didn't suffer from the bleaching. 

Have you ever used this stuff?  I love it! I noticed an immediate difference especially in the areas that I had bleached and I LOVE the smell!!! Plus it's price tag is pretty awesome at under $4.

also, just to help my hair out a little and get all the build up from shampoos, conditioners, and products out I used an anti- residue shampoo once a week.  My hair loves me for it!  I love the way my hair feels that day.  I try to make sure I use it on a day it isn't going to rain so I can straighten my hair and be able to touch it and feel how soft it is haha!
I love this stuff! I happened to pick it up at Big Lots for $4.50 but I believe it retails under $8 at Walgreens or wherever you chose to shop for your goodies.

In order to keep my hair tame when I straighten it or curl it with a curling iron I always try to use a curling creme.  It keeps my hair from acting like a wild mess.  My favorite thus far was another cheap find that I just happened to love!
I LOVE Nexxus products, especially their shampoo.  Their products also smell amazing.  The Calming Smoothing creme is definitely a must have for those of you that have frizzy hair, but make sure you use this stuff sparingly. 

For the days I'm not feeling so hot about straightening my hair I utilize this mop of a naturally curly head of hair I have been blessed with.  I mentioned in one of my previous posts about a sale going on at Sally's Beauty Supply on Beyond the Zone products.  I mentioned how I didn't like one of htep roducts I chose but LOVED the other one.  Recently I have been loving this spray.  Usually for my curly hair I stick with creams because often sprays can make your hair hard and crispy.  I must say though I have not had that experience with this product at all.  I really like it!


I also think the name they came up with for this product is cute. I know there is a glare right down the middle of the bottle, that's because apparently I am a horrible photographer.  I promise, one day I will get better at this!  Anyway, it's called Noodle Head.  I thought it was very clever and fitting!

Have you ladies tried any of these products?  What did you think of them?  What did you ladies get in to this weekend?

On Friday I went with some of my crew to see the movie, "Bridesmaids".  All I have to say is it was epically funny!!! I insist that all of you go and see it ASAP!  The rest of the weekend I enjoyed by relaxing!  It was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment